Friday, November 19, 2010

'It's a recurring nightmare': Gillian McKeith has to be aided by medics AGAIN after her fourth Bushtucker Trial

By Sarah Bull



Collapsed: Gillian McKeith struggled with her latest Bushtucker Trial Aquatic Strife and had to be helped by medic Dr Bob


She has already been aided by medics after fainting following her first Bushtucker Trial.

And Gillian McKeith had to be helped out again after taking part in her FOURTH trial on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!

The television nutritionist was chosen to compete in the Aquatic Strife challenge and had already expressed her fears over the trial because she nearly drowned 18 months ago.


Shaking: The television nutritionist couldn't cope with the trial, which saw her try to get stars from water chambers


After finding out she would have to complete her fourth trial, Gillian said: 'I'm going to have to go home, I can't do this. I'm not going to be here much longer, I can't do this.'

And Gillian said she knew the camp weren't feeling positive about how she would do in the trial.

She said: 'I think the guys in camp don't hold out much hope. I feel really perturbed, I feel anxious, nervous. I'm in a nightmare basically, it's a recurring nightmare.

'I would like to prevail but I don't think they hold out much hope for me.'


Keep calm: It was the spiders that eventually put Gillian over the edge during the trial


Emotional: But Gillian succeeded in getting four stars for camp, her best score so far


Dom added ahead of the trial: 'She was delighted to hear she was going the trial. if there's ever a woman who thrives on adventure and extreme effort it's Dr Gillian McKeith.

‘I have no idea what she’s doing here. It’s very, very odd.’

But, she was determined to give it a go, and did her best in retrieving stars from the inside of a tank full of water, baby crocodiles, yabbies and spiders.

However, while she managed to get four of the twelve stars, it was after she saw the spiders in the water that she screamed, 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!'

Gillian was then carried out of the tank by medic Doctor Bob, who then carried her over to Ant and Dec for a post-trial interview.

She said: 'I almost drowned a year-and-a-half ago so it's still very much with me.

But four stars is an amazing result for me.

'I'm looking forward to getting back to camp because they won't expect me to get anything at all.'


Doing well: Gillian had to get the stars from inside a huge tank which was filling up with water


Meet your new friends: Gillian was joined by baby crocodiles and yabbies, cockroach-type creatures


And Gillian's campmates were certainly surprised with the nutritionist returned to camp boasting that she had won four stars.

Britt later conceded in the Bush Telegraph: 'Gillian was brilliant, I should really eat my hat. The Gillian from a week ago and the Gillian today are two very different people.'

But it remains to be seen how well she does with the next task, after she was chosen to once again complete the next trial - ominously called Calamity Cave.

As soon as Ant and Dec told her that she would be taking part in the trial, Gillian said: 'I can't do it. I'm sorry. I can't go in a cave with spiders.'


I'm not doing it: Gillian finds out the public have chosen her to do her FIFTH Bushtucker Trial tomorrow night


The camp also made history when they were joined by a 13th member, in the form of former Big Brother star Alison Hammond.

Linford and Sheryl were sent out of camp for what they thought was a Celebrity Chest challenge, but when they arrived, they found a box covered in padlocks which they would have to unlock.

And as they were pondering how to unlock the padlocks, they were greeted by a little voice inside the box belonging to Alison.

Linford and Sheryl then handed Alison a torch inside the box and she found numbers, which translated into combinations for the locks.


Who's in there? Sheryl and Linford had to work out how to unlock padlocks on the box containing Alison


Success: But they eventually did it and Alison joined the camp


Ahead of going into camp, Alison said: 'I'm a little bit nervous going in a little bit later because everyone has formed their friendships and then I'm going to go in.'

But Alison's arrival in camp didn't go down too well with one of the campmates, namely Shaun Ryder.

He told Nigel: I like Alison, I like her on the telly. I like horse s**t in the country but I don't want it in my living room.'

And Alison said her entrance into camp was an anticlimax, adding: 'I can understand why there not that excited to see me because they are in the jungle and it's very wet. It's a bit of an anticlimax to be honest.'

Shaun then went to the Bushtucker Telegraph and admitted he wanted to leave.


Staying fit: Kayla decided to have an impromptu yoga session in the camp to stay fit


Flexible: Kayla said she is so flexible she's like a 'human pretzel' and can get her legs over her head


He said: 'I do want to go, yeah, I really do. I've got to go through the whole process of getting to know Alison and everything.

'All the funny people, I can't stand.'

He later told Alison: 'Alison, if I bail it's nothing personal, it's just because there's too many people.'

After seeing Shaun's mood swing, the rest of the campmates speculated as to why he was so upset about the new addition.

Jenny said: 'I think he's feeling crowded. He's a bloke who likes quite a lot of space around him.'

And Nigel added: 'Shaun was a bit put out because he takes time to get to know each other.'


I'm this close: Shaun said he was thinking of leaving after Alison joined the camp because he couldn't take all the people there


Alison appeared to pick up on the bad feeling between her and Shaun, admitting: 'I've got a feeling I might be a little bit loud for Shaun.'

Tensions still appear to be rising in camp, with Linford acting incredibly judgemental about Kayla's past posing nude for Playboy magazine. Asked how her parents coped with her posing naked, Kayla said: 'I grew up in a reallly Christian family, but my parents have been really supportive. My parents think it's amazing that I have built my career and I have done so well for myself.'

But Linford contended: 'To me, there's a model, and then there's a model. If my daughter did that, she wouldn't live in my house.'

Later in the Bushtucker Telegraph, Kayla said: 'Linford is so judgemental about those kinds of things.

'Each to their own with their opinions. I know the type of person that I am and I don't see anything wrong with what I do.'

Kayla later showed off her flexibility when she tried to keep fit with an impromptu yoga session in the jungle.

She had earlier told Dom: 'I can put my legs over my head and do the human pretzel!'





Source:Dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment