Saturday, November 6, 2010

Smiley Kylie gears up for a 'Minogue double bill' as she prepares to join sister Dannii on the X Factor this weekend

By SARAH BULL

Smiles all round: Kylie Minogue was in good spirits as she left her London home


She's no stranger to X Factor, having joined her sister Dannii Minogue at the judges' houses stage of the competition last year.

But Kylie Minogue is clearly excited about her appearance on the ITV talent show this weekend, when she will provide a 'Minogue double bill' when she performs her new track Better Than Today.

The 42-year-old singer smiled widely for photographers as she left her London home to head over to rehearsals.



Excited: Kylie appears to be looking forward to her X Factor return this weekend


Earlier in the day, Kylie tweeted Dannii: 'It's Friday, which means it's nearly the weekend, which means it's nearly a Minogue X-Factor!!

Better Than Today is the third single from Kylie's 2010 album Aphrodite.


Sibling love: Kylie with Dannii on The X Factor at judges' houses last year


Talking about the record recently, Kylie said she really feels as though she is 'back on track' with Aphrodite.

She told Access Hollywood: 'I just feel like we’re really back on track with this album.

'I hadn’t had an album that was cohesive in a long time so that [is] where I feel this album is different and it pleases me so much. I was longing for that and I got it.

'People have been describing it as "a return to the dance floor." I don’t know how long I was away from the dance floor, but it really is. It’s a really dance-y album, but I think it’s pop dance.

'It has a lot of emotional moments, whether it’s just a kind of tender, soft feeling and then there’s these explosive, euphoric rushes - so I think that the balance throughout it is really amazing.'

And as well as promoting her own album, Kylie has collaborated on a new track called Higher with Taio Cruz.

Tweeting earlier this week, Kylie posted a picture of herself wearing a pair of tight leather leggings and black vest top, the singer wrote: 'On set doing a video shoot with @TaioCruz...it's taking me hiiiigggher, higgghhherrrrr, higghhherrrrr off the ground...!!!!'

As well as Minogue double bill with Kylie's performance on Sunday, former X Factor alumni Shayne Ward will also be taking to the stage to perform his new single Gotta Be Somebody.

Talking about returning to the show, Shayne said: 'It’s going to be amazing. I will be coming home.

'The X Factor is where I started my career and I plan on being around for a long time. I’ve been away for a while; too long. It’s as if I am starting again. But I feel so much more confident and I just want to bring it on.’



source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment