Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lenny Dykstra tried breaking Doc Gooden out of rehab. Wait What?




NY Post- “Actually, Dykstra came to visit me on ‘Celebrity Rehab.' I’ll tell you what, it was crazy,” Gooden said.
  “He thought that I had been hypnotized and (Dr. Drew) got me in there and was holding me hostage. He tried to come in with two guys to get me out of there.”


    A couple of weeks before the incident the two former Mets teammates, who played pivotal roles in the 1986 World Series team, dined in New York. Dykstra tried to get in contact shortly afterward and could not get in touch with Gooden because cell phone use is limited while on the show.


   “So they come in. I’m talking to him, he wanted to talk, ‘Doc, I don’t like this.’ So we go out on the patio, me and him and the two guys are sitting there, we’re talking,” Gooden said.
   “He said, ‘You sure this is what you want?’ I go ‘Yeah.’ He goes, ‘I don’t know, I don’t feel good about this … let me take your bags and if you don’t like it, you call me.’ I was like, ‘Trust me, I’m cool.’”

  Lenny Dykstra is quickly becoming my favorite former athlete. He says shit that would make Charlie Sheen blush and is so hopped up on drugs he is constantly paranoid that everyone is out to get him. Keep fighting the good fight Lenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment