Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sugar Ray says he was abused by coach growing up



biglead- In an upcoming book, the former boxing champ reveals that he was sexually abused by an unnamed Olympic boxing coach in the 1970s. Leonard writes that in 1971, the coach watched a 15-year-old Leonard and another boxer take a bath in a tub of hot water and Epsom salts. Years later, while sitting in a car with the same coach in a parking lot, Leonard writes, "Before I knew it, he had unzipped my pants and put his hand, then mouth, on an area that has haunted me for life. I didn’t scream. I didn’t look at him. I just opened the door and ran.”

Sugar Ray choose flight instead of fight? Maybe if he would have 1-2 this guy, he wouldn't have (I assume) molested another 20 or so young boxers. And I'm not buying 'before he knew it, his mouth was on his cock'. Next your gonna be telling me that you actually beat Marvin Hagler too, right? Maybe you should have ran when he grabbed your zipper, bro. Then again, no one ever accused boxer's of being smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment