Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wrigley to drop beer prices! Wait, What!




  With baseball's attendance down during the first month of the season, the Cubs will offer a few incentives any fan can rally around -- T-shirts and discounted beer and hot dogs.
   The team announced Friday a weekday promotion for fans sitting in the bleachers. On Tuesday, starting with the May 10 game againt the St. Louis Cardinals, select brands of beer will cost $3.
  On Wednesdays, starting May 11, hot dogs will cost $1 and each Monday, beginning May 30 against the Houston Astros, bleacher-goers will receive a T-shirt.
   The first shirt was created by Cubs players and will honor the late Ron Santo and be emblazoned with the slogan, "PASS10N."


  Dropping beer prices at Wrigley are words I'd never thought I'd hear. I seriously did like 3 hours of research to make sure this wasn't a joke or a mean rumor. And just when I think it doesn't get any better, they drop the $1 hot dog bomb on me. Old man Wrigley must be turning over in his grave. It goes against everything the franchise stood for before the Rickett's family took over. Color me impressed.
  $3 beers are gonna make for some great Tuesday's this summer, and I'm thinking the only people who don't like this announcement are the other team's outfielders...


No comments:

Post a Comment