Saturday, June 11, 2011

Nicole Scherzinger reveals she was ecstatic at being offered judging role on US X Factor

By Pamela Owen


Delighted: Nicole Scherzinger first revealed she was a judge on The Graham Norton Show


Nicole Scherzinger has revealed she was desperate to be part of the US X Factor and said she was 'ecstatic' after she given a judging role.

The former Pussy Cat Doll was speaking at her debut appearance in New Jersey.

'I wanted to be part of the show. I love the show, I believed in the show, I believe in Simon.

Having a laugh: Nicole said she was looking forward to her future while on the show with Tom Hanks and Simon Pegg

Star power: Nicole has been a hit with audiences while filming US X Factor. She recently performed her new song on The Graham Norton Show


'When they proposed the idea of me being a judge, I couldn't have been more ecstatic. I absolutely think the dynamic is working and this is a new chapter in my life and I'm so grateful,' she told the Sunday Mirror.

The 32-year-old singer made her first appearance as a judge after replacing axed Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Cole.

Confident and bold, the crowds screamed as the singer grabbed a microphone and yelled: 'What's Up New Jersey? Y'all feeling good today?'

It was most certainly a case of 'Cheryl who?' and Simon applauded Nicole as he described her as being 'a breath of fresh air' and just what the show needed.

Go team: Nicole and Paula arrive for the filming of US X Factor in New Jersey


Nicole also made an appearance on The Graham Norton Show last night and revealed during the interview, which was filmed earlier in the week, that she had no idea about what was happening behind the scenes.

She had initially been offered a presenting role alongside Welshman and newcomer to America Steve Jones.

But trouble soon started brewing for Cheryl when she was booed by audience members and came across as shy and timid - a far cry from her normal self.

Serious: Judges Simon, Paula, Nicole and record executive LA Reid discuss contestants during filming of the show


Once Cheryl was sacked from the show the rumour mill went into overdrive and Nicole, the girlfriend of Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton, was tipped to take the Geordie singer's place.

Speaking on Norton's show, Nicole said: 'I haven't said this yet, but I think it's official I've been made a judge. It's an amazing opportunity. I'm kind of finding out along with everyone else.

'It's kind of crazy to read about it in the newspaper first.'

Nicole, who sang her song Right There, made an appearance as a guest judge on the British version of the show last year.

Close: Nicole and Paula are said to be getting on well and have become friends


Speaking of her new boss Simon Cowell, she said: 'He is someone you can learn a lot from. But when we are in that room it's all about the music and the talent and I focus on the contestants, it's what I'm passionate about.'

Nicole has also become friendly with fellow female judge Paula Abdul and the pair posted a pictures of themselves behind the scenes.

Asked by MailOnline a few days ago if she felt sorry for Cheryl, Nicole carefully responded: 'I just hope Cheryl's made the right decisions for her.

'I haven't spoken to Cheryl, she's a lovely,talented, sweet girl. I don't know how it went down or what happened. I was finding out as everyone else was.

'I just turned up for work and I'm just happy to be here.'




source:dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment