Friday, February 25, 2011

And in news that makes you go meh






INDIANAPOLIS -- The Chicago Bears rewarded coach Lovie Smith with a two-year contract extension Friday following an 11-5 regular-season record and a trip to the NFC Championship Game.

ESPNChicago.com Bears blog

Smith, who had one year left on an existing deal signed following the Bears' Super Bowl appearance in the 2006 season, is under contract through 2013. Financial terms were not disclosed.

"Of course I feel great about the extension, like I have every day I've been on the job as the head coach of the Chicago Bears," Smith said from the NFL combine in Indianapolis. "Great organization. We have great players who come to work every day. We have an excellent coaching staff. I'm in position to be here and get that extension based on what the players and our staff have done."

Entering the final year of a four-year, $22 million deal, Smith said he is satisfied with the length of the extension which now coincides the contract of general manager Jerry Angelo, who is also signed through 2013.


It feels like my goldfish died. I knew it was going to happen, but I'd rather my fish be alive. I knew that last season would keep Angelo, lovie, and his lovable band losers around for longer than i wanted. I guess it is a hard offseason to start over had we missed the playoffs, fired lovie and Jerry, and needed to find a new coach and GM, in this current NFL climate. So maybe it's fine for now. When asked for comment jerry Angelo replied, "me and ah lovie we celebrate. We dine a with me mamma.". To which lovie replied, "Rex is our quarterback"

- les Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment