Monday, September 6, 2010

It's Official: Kara DioGuardi Leaves American Idol


FOX has confirmed that Kara DioGuardi will no longer be a judge on American Idol.

From THR:
Fox announced Friday what media reports have speculated for weeks: Kara DioGuardi is leaving "American Idol."

"I felt like I won the lottery when I joined ‘American Idol’ two years ago, but I feel like now is the best time to leave ‘Idol,” DioGuardi said in a statement. “I am very proud to have been associated with ‘American Idol’ – it has truly been an amazing experience … I look forward to my next challenge, and want to thank everyone who has supported me. All the best to everyone on Season 10!"

The news comes amid reports that Fox has secured singer Jennifer Lopez as a new judge. Though Fox has yet to announce the upcoming tenth season's judging panel, it's presumed to be Lopez, Areosmith rocker Steven Tyler and veteran "Idol" judge Randy Jackson.


No comments:

Post a Comment