Friday, September 3, 2010

On Rumors Linking Her Husband Martin to Claudine, Cristina Castro Says, "Claudine may have made it up."


While Claudine Barretto openly talks about how Angelica Panganiban betrayed her, their friendship and her family (that includes her sister Gretchen Barretto), Angelica continuously keeps her silence.

But right after Johnny Manahan shown support for Angelica on this fight and Gretchen cleared Angelica's name in the issue, another person directly involved in these story has spoken - Mrs. Maria Cristina Romero-Salas Castro, who tells everything unravelled during the July 24 dinner where, according to Claudine, Angelica acted inappropriately (read related article HERE).

"I want to correct a few things about the dinner," Mrs. Cris Castro begins.

"Claudine and Raymart were not our special guests. The dinner was for everybody, for our friends. It was not for anyone in particular, just all our friends. Claudine and Raymart were also there.

"The first thing I need to explain is that I'm not so close to Claudine. I can't judge her. It's my husband who's close to Claudine and Raymart. I'm not.

"I don't get crazy like an alalay because somebody is an artista. I'm just me. Of course, we're very close to Derek [Ramsay], but we don't treat him like an artista in our home.

"Martin and I have been close to Derek 12, 13, years. Derek is a very good friend, even to my kids. He's their father, their best friend. He's a very honest man.

Cris admits that, even with Angelica, she still has to get close. Certainly, being Derek's girlfriend of three years, they've met her. They've even gone on trips to Subic together.

"I'm not close to Derek's girlfriend, Angelica, either. But we've spent more time with her than with Claudine. We've gone out maybe a dozen times. We've had long weekends together—Derek, Angelica, Martin and me. But she's very shy, doesn't speak much, doesn't speak at all," she says with a laugh in her voice.

"So I'm not close to Claudine, and I'm not close to Angelica," she clarifies.

So what was really happened during the July 24 dinner? How was Angelica?

"Angelica came to the party with Derek. They came late and they left early. She was uncomfortable, I think, because there were people she didn't know, so she wasn't talking much. But she was fine, just quiet. Not dabog at all, like it said in the article. No, nothing like that. She had a smile on her face!"

Cris gives her impression of Angelica. "Angelica—she's very shy, very quiet, very honest. I mean, the way she says things—she's straight. But she hardly speaks. And that night, she wasn't talking to anybody. She was beside Derek the whole time. She couldn't have said things like 'Gretchen gave Derek gifts that were so big' to the other guests. We would've heard!

"We were all together in one dining room. Me, Derek, Angelica, my sister, Martin's mom, Claudine... We would've heard! The others were in the garden, Raymart, Martin... I didn't hear Angelica say anything about Gretchen giving gifts to Derek. I don't even remember hearing Gretchen's name. In the first place, if you know Angelica, she's very careful. She hardly speaks!"

Recalling the evening, Cris says, "It was Claudine who was talking a lot. I guess she's very comfortable with us. Claudine is very friendly. She's a good conversationalist. She gets comfortable right way. She's loud. She's the kind who wants people to know she's there. Maybe, she's used to the attention. We give it to her."

Claudine has said there are rumors linking her and Martin, Has Cris heard those rumors?

"I only heard them from Claudine! She's the one telling me. She said she investigated," Cris answers straight.

She says she also said to Claudine, "I said, 'What do you care? You know it's not true. I know it's not true. What do you care?'

"I told her, 'You're not having an affair with my husband—so why should you be putting so much energy into this?' But Claudine can't let it go. I don't know why she won't let it go.
"Claudine told me she did not invent this. I told her, 'I don't care, and you shouldn't care. You have Raymart, you have your kids, your career. Why should you care? You can't find time for any of this!'"

Cris says categorically: "I'm Martin's wife. I should know if there's an affair. It's not true! All this talk, it doesn't matter. I don't care about talk."

If there are indeed rumors, who can be spreading them? Does she believe Angelica has something to do with this, as Claudine claims?

"I don't know if there are rumors. Claudine says there are. Who's spreading them? We will never know, we will never know. Claudine may have made it up, I'll never know, and it doesn't matter. It's not true anyway!"

Has she ever spoken to Angelica about the rumors?

Her quick reply: "No, I don't need to. That's how relaxed I am. But Claudine shouldn't have mentioned our names. We're private people. Before this, no one connected our names to this! I had no idea our names had been mentioned.

"My friends just called and said, 'You're on the Net!' They gave me a link, and so I saw it. We're being talked about. Our kids will see this. Claudine shouldn't have mentioned us. Like I said, we're private people."

Cris and Martin Castro have been married 16 years. They have two children, a 17-year-old girl and a 12-year-old boy. Asked what Martin does for a living, Cris answers, "Martin owns some restaurants, and builds houses."

Asked what she does, she answers, "Actually, I help Martin. I'm very busy running around. That's why I wasn't in the birthday party of Claudine, where Martin's picture was taken. I'm too busy to party."

Cris also recalls Claudine saying that Angelica is out to ruin Derek's friendships. That's supposed to be the reason why Angelica is saying these ugly things about Martin.

Cris dismisses this right away: "Martin and Derek have been through so much, been friends for so long, that something like this cannot get in the way of their being friends. Angelica wouldn't get in the way of this friendship."

Cris added, "Angelica, we've known longer than Claudine. There's been no rift in all this time, she's never affected us in this way. But Claudine, in just a couple of months...

"Martin met Raymart a year or so ago. They're close friends. I just recently became close. But ever since we met Claudine, our lives have done a whole 360!"

Cris admits that some things have changed—particularly for Martin, Cris says. "Martin doesn't know how to place himself. He's embarrassed by this because Raymart is a friend. He's uncomfortable.

"He's already stayed away, doesn't call her, doesn't take her calls. He calls Raymart. He and Raymart have talked about it. 'Pasensiya ka na,' he told Raymart. Raymart said, 'Wala iyon.'"

What about her? She didn't take Claudine's last call. Is she sorry she got close to Claudine?

After a pause, Cris says, her voice brisk, "Yeah, I guess. I don't need that noise in my life."

Source: Jo-Ann Q. Maglipon, PEP


No comments:

Post a Comment