Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ja Rule To Serve Two Years in Prison Due to Weapon Charges


American actor-rapper Ja Rule (Jeffrey Atkins in real life) is scheduled to serve a two-year prison sentence starting June 8 after pleading guilty to attempted criminal possession of a weapon at a New York court in December.

It will be recalled that authorities have they found a loaded .40-caliber semiautomatic gun in his Maybach sports car in July 2007 after his concert with Lil Wayne, who was detained separately and already completed an 8-month prison sentence after reaching a plea deal regarding the case.

On top of the weapon charges, the Grammy nominated artist could face more prison time after admitting he failed to pay taxes on more than $3 million in income.

He is scheduled to be sentenced on June 13 on three tax evasion charges and faces up to one year in prison and $100,000 in fines on each count.

But one day before going to prison, the rapper is set to release his latest album "The Renaissance Project".

"I just want to put it out to the world before I go in," Ja Rule told The Life Files. "It's funny because, I'm about to go to jail, and my main concern is to make sure that I get this album done and out there for the fans."

Ja Rule also made an effort to reconcile with another well-known rapper 50 Cent.

"It's resolved now," Ja Rule said. "I'm cool. We ain't beefing no more. We'll never collaborate. That's just what it is... We don't gotta go to war, but we're not friends either. But we can coincide inside of a world. He's doing him, and he's not thinking about me, and I'm doing me and I'm not thinking about him."

No comments:

Post a Comment