Wednesday, November 24, 2010

'Why did God give me this life?' asks 'overwhelmed' Beyonce as she breaks down in tears in new documentary

By Daily Mail Reporter



In tears: Beyonce breaks down in a new I Am World Tour documentary as she ponders: 'Why did God give me this life?'


She may appear to live a charmed life, but Beyonce Knowles has revealed she sometimes feels 'overwhelmed' by her success.

Wearing no make-up the star - ranked as Forbes ninth most powerful woman in the world - speaks candidly about how lonely she gets while travelling the world in a new documentary.

The Single Ladies singer, 29, turned the camera on herself during quiet times on tour for her new documentary I Am World Tour, which airs as a special on Thursday.


Candid: The star turned the camera on herself during quiet times on tour

She is seen tearing up as she ponders: 'Why did God give me this life?'

Of her decision to star in the documentary, she says: 'I wanted the fans to be able to see what I see.'

'It's a lot of things I reveal about myself that I could never give to a director.'
Other scenes show the star wearing a shawl and traveling to see the pyramids in Egypt.


Self discovery: Beyonce dresses in traditional Egyptian attire as she visits Egypt for her documentary, which aims to discover why did God gave the singer her life


Charmed life: Cameras followed Beyonce as she travelled to see the pyramids in Egypt


Beyonce, who has sold more than 11 million albums worldwide, said the hardest clip to leave in the documentary was when she was in China.

'There was one moment I was in China and I was in this huge suite and I looked out the window and there were just thousands of people walking and I couldn't believe my life,' she said.

'I guess I was a bit lonely and I wanted to talk to someone so I opened up my computer and I just talked.'

In the preview clip - aired in the U.S. today - Beyonce ponders why she is so successful.

'Sometimes its overwhelming. Why did God give me my talent, my gift, my family. But I know you're not supposed to question God.

'Only God knows. And I don't take it for granted.'

The singer reveals in the concert special that she appreciates her position more now than when she was younger.

'Now when I win six Grammys in a night I know to soak up every moment,' she says. 'I appreciate how incredible it all is.'

She also reveals she is not pregnant but is 'getting close' to the day she wants to become a mother.

'Nothing now but there will be one day,' she says.

'One of the reasons I haven't had a child yet is because there are certain things I want to do before I focus on being a mother.
'I'm not there yet but I'm close.'

Meanwhile, the singer was spotted showing off her new tattoo at the Lorraine Schwartz 2BHappy Jewelry Collection launch event this week in New York.

The ink appeared under her massive ring, which spelled out the Roman numerals IV.


Put a ring on it: Beyonce showed off a tattoo on her ring finger under a massive diamond, that shows the Roman numerals IV




Source:Dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment