Friday, November 26, 2010

She's our mother get her out of there: Gillian McKeith's daughter says she wants her off the show

By Sara Nathan



Happy families: Gilliam McKeith's daughters Aston (left) and Skylar McKeith-Magaziner


After a week of watching her mother’s desperate stint on I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!, Gillian McKeith’s distraught teenage daughter yesterday said she wants her to leave the ITV reality show.

Skylar McKeith-Magaziner, 16, admitted she did not enjoy seeing increasingly erratic Miss McKeith appear to faint countless times, complain of phobias and repeatedly nominated to endure bushtucker trials.

She said: ‘To be honest, I would rather my mum comes out now rather than stay in that jungle. I want her out so that I know she is okay. It’s not nice to see her like this. I am missing her like mad. I am worried about her and I hope she is okay. I know she would never quit the show, but now she can be evicted and I can get to see her. I just want her to come out and be okay. That’s all that matters to me right now.’


Skylar told how she had been left ‘upset and angry’ after reading the abuse hurled at the Miss McKeith, including reports that she had even faked her multiple fainting fits.

She also revealed that she had been forced to leave her school two years ago after facing taunts over Miss McKeith, with one pupil even trying to set her hair on fire. She is home- schooled by her mother.

Accompanied by her father Howard Magaziner and her younger sister Aston, 10, to the Gold Coast, Skylar revealed she was worried about her mother’s health after she was voted to do eight bushtucker trials by the public – and had appeared to collapse three times as a result.


Behind bars: Gillian McKeith's daughter wants her out of the jungle

Skylar said that her sister had not wanted Miss McKeith to do the show, claiming: ‘It’s been upsetting to see her faint and scream on telly – and it makes me really angry when I read things people have been saying about her. She is completely genuine and she would never fake anything. Her phobias are very real and she has a history of fainting’

Miss McKeith has been the subject of jibes after complaining that she suffered from phobias of water, insects and heights. But the TV star, former host of Channel 4’s
You Are What You Eat, insisted she would not quit, saying: ‘I have a television career and if I walk out on my contract I will not work in television again.’


Out cold: Gillian McKeith feints after learning she will undertake her 6th bushtucker trial in a row


Cheeky: Gillian McKeith helps herself to her third portion of dinner without asking the rest of the camp which annoys Jenny Eclair

Skylar also confirmed Miss McKeith’s now often-related story that she had a fear of water after nearly drowning. She and her sister saw Miss McKeith fall out of a kayak on holiday in New Jersey. She said: ‘It was horrible.

‘There was a rope that got wrapped around her neck as she fell into the water and she almost drowned and got strangled. Eventually, my dad rescued her, but it was nasty.

Skylar also told how she was taken out of her old school after being bullied. She said: ‘There were some untrue things said about my mum two years ago and I got bullied. Then someone tried to set my hair on fire and pushed me up against a wall.’


Get Me Out: Lembit Opik and Gillian McKeith in jail



Source:Dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment